Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Coming Soon...



Yep, it's true...we're expecting!!  After taking a home pregnancy test August 1st and having it come back positive, we found out I am pregnant. It was then confirmed August 13th by the doctor's office.  Jared and I were a little shocked at first because it all happened so fast, but it began to sink in pretty quickly, and now we are ecstatic!

We were planning on waiting a few weeks to tell our families, but my mom guessed it pretty quick (she's good like that), so we went ahead and called everyone.  There was no waiting for a cute little announcement...we were bursting at the seams with excitement!

So, we called both our families and really enjoyed hearing their reactions.  Jared's mom's was the most hilarious!  It went something like this:

Jared: "So, what if I told you that your dream of being a grandma is coming true?"
Charlene: "What?!?! How did that happen?"
Jared: "Um..do you really want me to explain that to you, Mom?"
Charlene: "Oh, no! No!"

Hahahahahaha...we were laughing hysterically after that call. All the others were a lot of fun too!  Our siblings, as well as our nieces and nephews, were super excited, and still are. :)

Just a couple weeks after we announced our pregnancy, I got a text from my brother Justin with a pic of an ultrasound.  I knew it wasn't ours that we had just sent the previous week, because the baby was in a different location.  It took me a minute, but I soon realized that they were announcing that his wife Michelle is also pregnant.  I was so excited that I did a little happy dance in the car.  Jared was kind of laughing at me. :)  After a few texts back and forth, we found out that they are only a week behind us.  Yep, our baby's will be born pretty close to each other and we couldn't be happier.  I am due April 7th and Michelle is due April 15th. We are hoping that they come on the same day since Justin and I share a birthday, but we know we can't change mother nature. We'll just have to wait to see what happens. :)  The neatest part about their pregnancy is that they have been trying for a few years.  They had even done some fertilization sessions, but nothing.  When they finally decided to take a break is when it happened.  Woo Hoo!

I have already told my students as well, because I have been really tired, sick, and ornery.  Their reactions were priceless. They asked if it was a girl or boy and then if it was hearing or deaf.  I had to explain that we would have to wait until it was born to find out what it was and if it was deaf or hearing.  So funny!  I love to hear their comments about it now.  They are too cute (most days)! :)

So, all in all, we are so excited to be welcoming our little one into the world in April.  We heard the heartbeat for the first time today and it was SOO neat!  We both gave a little chuckle.  There's a little something growing in me, and now we know it is for real. Ah... it is an incredible time!

6 comments:

  1. Trisha, that is so exciting!!! Matt and I laughed so hard about your mother-in-law's reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic news, Trisha! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats wonderful news Trisha!! So happy for you both!!! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! This makes the Boyle's so happy! Congrats again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great, Trisha! So happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! :) You are all so sweet!

    ReplyDelete